Welcome to RamblingRae

A journal of the things I have made for charity



Double click on pictures for close ups

Friday, January 4, 2008

I Braved it....went out and looked at some furniture yesterday. Whew, survived the salesmen and looked a little but nothing jumped out at me and believe me that is what is going to have to happen. It was interesting that one of the stores stressed how I can pick something and then have it made up any way I want...fabric, studs or no studs etc. The problem is I don't know what I want until I see it. Fortunately, I am in no hurry


I am curious as to how people feel about the frequency of blogging. I was told that it was important to try to blog everyday so people would have a reason to visit your blog.
It seems though that if people aren't visiting blogs everyday and then go to one that is, they feel overwhelmed with all the posts and just don't comment on any of it.
So what do you think.............Is it better to blog less often or more often????

6 comments:

Lady Di Tn said...

I have blogging withdrawals when I do not get to the computer. If I do not have time to write I love to travel to the ones I have bookmarked just to see how it goes for them.
I started blogging after my cousin CD told me to read some of hers. I thought it sounded fun and on a whim Kitty Justice came about.
I know there are many blogs I would love to read but alas time is the enemy.
I have enjoyed this one very much.

Changes in the wind said...

Thank you Lady di tn...have been feeling a bit discouraged of recent. Someone posted that you should not pay attention to how many comments you recived...easier said than done.

JeanMac said...

I visit my regular "friends" regardless - no problem if they haven't posted.

Mary Lou said...

I blog for ME! when I first started I blogged everyday, and then visited everyone EVERYDAY, I was spending 3 hours a day at the computer. Now I have let life get in the way, and I blog when I can. I have very loyal readers, and some very loyal lurkers too. LOL But after 5 years of blogging daily, i found that I was repeating myself. SO now I only blog about every other day or so.

bigbikerbob said...

Hi, I think that when you start blogging you do it for lots of reasons,in my case for something to do (to start with)also to pass on family history and photo's, perhaps share what you hope may be of interest to others, family, friends etc.As far as the blog frequency thing goes its about time and content availability,I like to think others watch and I suppose I get dissapointed when view numbers are lower than you hoped.In the summer months we are away from the computer for sometines two weeks and this causes people to wander off viewing the thousands of other blogs out there.

smilnsigh said...

My feeling is ~ we each blog as we each want to.

I use Google Reader blog feeds for my blog reading. It shows when any/all, have made a new entry. And I can put my I-like-blogs in different folders too. So I don't see all zillion of them, each time I go to Google Reader.

Which solves the issue of... New entries or no new entries.

I didn't go to Google Reader for a while, because I thought I couldn't see the whole entry, that way. But one can. One can read blogs, in any way one chooses to do so.

Mari-Nanci